Poppas Pumpkin Soup
Poppa makes a truly beautiful soup from autumn picked pumpkins. He used a Jap Pumpkin for this recipe. Pumpkin is a versatile vegetable and can be used to make soups, pies, or baked vegetables. Try it grated raw into a salad for a tasty visual impact.
- 1 Med-sized pumpkin (organic for true sweetness)
- 2-3 T. Ricotta cheese
- 3 T. coconut cream/milk
- ¼ clove garlic
- Squeeze of ginger
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of cinnamon
- Short squeeze of lime
- Cut the pumpkin into bite-sized pieces
- Steam until tender – keep the broth!
- Put into saucepan on low heat
While stirring gently add;
- Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Garlic and ginger (put through garlic press)
- Short squeeze of lime juice
- Coconut cream/milk
- Ricotta cheese
- Let simmer on very low heat for 10-15 minutes
- Add extra broth for consistency.
- Ladle into bowls and serve hot, or reserve for later and serve cold.
For an absolutely smooth and creamy consistency - serve as is after blending (without diluting with the broth.) Serve hot or cold with an artistic swirl of sour cream and grated parmesan cheese.